Founder | CBayes Media Labs | Oct 2021 - Present
- In October 2021, started working on Web3 projects Ethereum / Tezos blockchain.
- Contracted with well-known angel investors and music industry professionals on projects as a consultant.
Senior Data Scientist | Kythera Labs | Apr 2021 - Oct 2021
- Worked on a team of 5 data scientists working with proprietary claims data to identify cost savings opportunities by providing demographic intelligence.
- Created web scraping and NLP services to curate a nationwide physician directory using Scala and Spark on the DataBricks platform.
- Helped implement an NLP pipeline to scrape formularies from insurance companies written in Scala and Python.
- Started a medical insurance plan directory from public and private data sources to enhance core claims data for external validation.
Data Scientist | Kirkland’s | Sept 2018 - Apr 2021
- Support the SVP of the Supply Chain through ad-hoc analysis to discover cost savings / and customer experience mitigation strategies for the organization (hub distribution and routing optimization). ( Created and maintained an internal database to support active metrics within the supply chain and report out to the rest of the organization with outputs into PowerBI, automated R reports, and Excel reporting.
- Automated inventory demand forecasts by building data pipelines and models using R (GT Nexus, Oracle RMS, IBM Sterling OMS)
- Developed SKU-level simulation model to understand import risks based on port constraints from 25 international locations and manufacturing delays due to COVID-19 lockdowns using R.
- Performed overall ad-hoc support company-wide on projects needing statistical help or Excel modeling expertise.
- Maintained supply chain budgeting and forecasting for Inbound, Outbound, and Distribution Centers (DC), maintaining inputs for leadership and ensuring sensitivity testing for the appropriate verticals.
Director of Data Science and Analytics / Senior Software Engineer | Bargain Hunt | Feb 2015 - Sept 2018
- Managed a team of 3 data analysts supporting all operational departments (Supply Chain, Retail, Special Projects)
- Created and maintained a microservice auto-categorization system (Naive Bayes) for unmanifested products using Python, R, and API (Flask)
- Worked on multiple strategic initiatives, which included warehouse processing efficiency, a costing algorithm for reverse logistics goods, and optimized forward demand planning.
- Introduced R (using R Studio and Tidyverse) for reproducible analysis and Tableau to improve visibility in reverse logistics problems
Intermediate Software Engineer | Bargain Hunt | Mar 2012-Feb 2015
- Built business intelligence/accounting reporting environment using various methods in C#, SSIS, SSRS, and multiple versions of SQL Server (2008b, 2012, 2017).
- Developed a standard suite of financial reporting and dashboards using data sources across the organization Co-developed in-house Point of Sale for a unique 20M SKU use case in reverse logistics
Research Lab Technician | RIT / Vanderbilt University | Aug 2008 – Apr 2011
- Worked in the Ferran Lab (RIT) doing research on Vesicular Stomatitis Virus and its mechanistic functions in replication
- Develop mathematical models to understand better
- Worked for the Fanning Lab (Vanderbilt) researching eukaryotic cell cycle regulation using SV-40 and helicases
M.S. |2023| the University of Colorado Boulder Data Science
B.S. | 2010 | Rochester Institute of Technology Major: Applied Mathematics / Biotechnology Related coursework: Computer Science, Probability, Differential Equations, Linear Algebra, Statistics
The vesicular stomatitis virus matrix protein inhibits NF-κB activation in mouse L929 cells. Virology. 2016 Dec; 499:99-104. doi: 10.1016/j.virol.2016.09.009. Epub 2016 Sep 17
Skills & Abilities
Analysis / Data / Technology
- Environments: Databricks, AWS, SSMS, Tableau, PowerBI, Visual Studio 2015, PyCharm, RStudio, Sublime, SSRS, SSIS, COGNOS
- Databases: Postgres, MS-SQL, Oracle, MongoDB
- CI: Git, Jira, Bamboo, Bitbucket, GitHub
- Reading: Reading social science, economics, and psychology books
- Languages: German (Fluent in Reading/Speaking), Arabic (currently learning), Spanish
- Creative: Generative Art, Photography
- Travel: Most of Western Europe, Jordan, Israel, Iceland, Peru